Quote


"The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." ~Mark Twain

Friday, December 17, 2010

Reasons I love Thailand - part 2

I think I was on number 5 in my last post... so here are number 6 and 7.

6. When was the last time you thought it was chilly at 22 degrees Celcius (72F)? Yes, today I went to leave my apartment and was surprised when it was chilly outside. I went back inside to get a jacket. There are two things that are lovely about what happened. First, the weather is typically so consistent here that I don't check the weather forecast - during the hot season, it's incredibly hot and I wear light clothes; during the rainy season, it's a little less hot and I wear light clothes and bring an umbrella; during the dry season, it's just hot and I wear light clothes. Second, I can feel refreshed when the temperature drops below 23 Celcius/73F (and keep my A/C at 27 degrees Celcius/81F (when I use it) and feel very comfortable).

7. I just got a "gentle reminder" email. When was the last time you got a message with the subject "gentle reminder" rather than "MEETING: 12 NOON, COMMUNITY CLINIC"? Really, which one looks nicer? Maybe this is why Thailand is the Land of Smiles?


Me, enjoying the beach at Hua Hin 

My awesome Christmas tree! (it's even better now because I bought flashing lights!)

No comments:

Post a Comment