Quote


"The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." ~Mark Twain

Monday, December 13, 2010

Loy Krathong


Loy Krathong is one of my favorite holidays in Thailand... it's just at the end of the rainy season and the weather has finally started to cool off. Everyone gathers near bodies of water - natural or man-made - and puts small (or large) floats into the water to wash away bad things that have happened in the past year and hope for good things to happen in the next year. Here's a link to some more information.  
Suzy, Smitha, Kent, and Rebecca

A beautiful banana-leaf kratong, with candles and incense
Sharing a light ;)

My awesome krathong... made of ice-cream cones!


Me, getting ready to "loy" (float) my "krathong"
Lumpini Park's pond - I think the massive lizards were scared away,
but I did see one chomping on a float...
So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment