Quote


"The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." ~Mark Twain

Monday, June 20, 2011

Birthdays, jet lag, and catching up with the fam

Some pictures from my (2!) trips to the US:

From May, my great aunt Peggy's 90th birthday celebration
 My birthday twin (only 64 years apart :))
The great-nieces and nephews (Eileen, me, Nora,
David, Alexis, Colette)
The nieces and nephews (Roz, Bill, Maggie, Margie, Gene)
In my family, we celebrate birthdays in groups... so Aunt Peggy,
David and I have always celebrated our birthdays together!

From June, some pics with friends in DC, my poster at the HPTN annual meeting, and the "London Sheahans" visit to the US (moving on to my mom's side of the family):
The Lovely Lodge 10 Ladies (minus trlanichad and plus aakuip):
Ruth, Alyssa, Maham, me, Arie, Grace, and Doro!
Me and my poster... we match!
Arielle and Eric (yup, Little Mermaid couple) let me stay at
their beautiful house in Bethesda
Eileen, Courtney, Mom, Aunt Kate, Aunt Connie, Angela, Bree
Me, Meghan
No male cousins at this family gathering = no one
locked in closets or drinking milk with peas!
(Meghan, me, Eileen, Courtney, Bree)
Yes, they break out in song quite frequently, with dance moves!
After the whirlwind trips, I headed back to Bangkok, sister in tow, on a not-so-pleasant flight (has your flight ever had drainage issues???). I welcomed the warmth, although not the rain, of Bangkok. Next up... Koh Kret! 

No comments:

Post a Comment