Quote


"The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." ~Mark Twain

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bangkok - Day 1... Trying to Stay Awake

Hello All,

Happy October! I can not believe it's already fall (in the Northeast USA, at least). I hope everything is going well wherever you are.

As some of you might know, I will be working in Thailand for at least a year, as an ASPH/CDC global health fellow. I am working with the CDC (US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) in the Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention (DHAP). I arrived safely in Bangkok, Thailand, late last night and now I'm incredibly jet-lagged. But, the process (and my first 16 hour flight) was not too bad. Aside from an immigration officer who made me wait nervously for what seemed like forever, the whole trip went very well. I'm looking forward to learning more about Thailand and working with the CDC.

I'll be sending out occasional emails (about Thailand, work, whatever) while here - if you want to receive them, just let me know.

That's all for now. I'm currently trying to do my best to stay awake.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment